Buyer - Construction
Job Title - Buyer
Package - £35,000-£45,000 + Package
Location - Birmingham
We are currently searching for an experienced Buyer for our client, a highly successful construction contractor that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the construction market. Their projects are all based in the Birmingham area, making this a great opportunity for an individual in the area looking for a local opportunity. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget.
- Support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Support the Lead Buyers as required with regards to efficient and effective plant and material purchasing function for the group
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of group sourcing arrangements;
- Category Management - Support the Lead Buyer (Categories) in providing ongoing management of (in conjunction with the Lead Buying Team) on behalf of group for all strategic sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- At least 2 years experience in a Buyer or Purchasing Coordinator role
- A degree in a construction related field would be advantageous
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75235273