Junior Business Analyst - Birmingham
Junior Business Analyst - Birmingham
Full time, Permanent Opportunity
£22,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
Based at Fort Dunlop, Birmingham (with occasional travel to other UK sites)
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Working in partnership with The Pensions Regulator within the Automatic Enrolment programme, the Business Analyst is required to manage change and plan for the future in line with business goals. They need to quickly gather an excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, to assist the organisation with the development of its functions, services and products.
The Business Analyst plays a key role in communicating between internal departments and external clients and suppliers, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to identify business opportunities and how information technology can support the organisation needs.
During the course of the role, your responsibilities will include:
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- Use best-practice techniques to analyse change projects and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements
- Work with stakeholders from all business units and related external parties to define and document business requirements for service improvement and client-driven change initiatives, including offline and online products and business information systems
- Consider the impacts on existing processes and systems and potential risks attached to changes under consideration (in terms of tasks required, timescales and effort needed in response to the defined business requirements for change initiatives)
- Communicate the benefits of changes across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Ensure traceability of all work back to business objectives
- Support the business, senior management and technology solution teams in delivering and realising changes, including helping to resolve any issues
Essential knowledge & qualifications
- Experience working within a Business Analyst role, (or similar role title)- you must have the transferable skills and practical application experience to bring to the team
- Requirements gathering tools/techniques including:
- User Stories and Personas
- Use Cases
- Process modelling (BPMN or UML Activity diagrams)
- Requirements workshops and interviews
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Business Analysis Planning
- Business Case generation
- Wireframe prototyping
- Competent in Microsoft Office software, specifically: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Familiar with contact centre operations
- Background of delivering integrated business solutions
- Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to BAU handover
- Proven capturing, documenting and delivering detailed requirements
- Hold or be working towards a relevant Business Analysis qualification e.g. BCS Diploma, ISEB Certification or similar
You will need:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to, negotiate with and present to a range of audiences, often acting as a 'translator' between parties
- The ability to motivate others and lead change
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple change projects within tight project timeframes
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- A keen interest in business and business development
- A good understanding of information technology and software development approaches/methodologies
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
- Driven, autonomous and capable of working within a matrix managed structure
- Confident working within a client environment and working with senior managers
- To be comfortable in a complex and dynamic environment, autonomously working on your own initiative
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.