Customer Service - Collections Advisor
Customer Service - Collections Advisor, Birmingham
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a rewarding career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that will take you to the top, or simply in a new exciting direction, HSBC offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options and exposure within HSBC. We are also relocating our UK Head Office ring fenced banking operations to Birmingham and significantly increasing career opportunities in the Midlands area.
As a confident communicator you will need to use your skills to help customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties. You will need to be a good listener with an awareness of the issues people can face in their daily lives, you will support the customer and take the time to understand their personal circumstances and discuss income and expenditure to gain an appreciation of their full financial position.
We're here to help our customers and you'll get a great feeling from knowing you've helped someone make their first step towards resolving their financial difficulties.
What you get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related quarterly bonus
- 25 days' holiday, plus 8 public bank holidays - with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family worth up to £775
- A market-leading employer pension contribution
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- My Choice - our flexible benefits scheme
At the start of your career journey we will provide you with all the training and development you require to be successful within your role, through a comprehensive blended learning approach.
In this role you will:
- Work with our customers to rehabilitate their accounts through effective questioning, active listening, good negotiation skills and treating customers fairly
- Be passionate and care about offering a service to our valued customers that is second to none
- Be confident, outgoing, and resilient and be able to quickly establish rapport with our customers and build lasting relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team is essential to this role
- Treat customers fairly, putting the customer at the heart of all that you do
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Previous customer facing experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to consult with our customers to fully understand their needs
- The ability to solve practical problems, ask questions, and collect information to provide customer centric solutions
- A high level of self-motivation and positive attitude and to put your customers at the heart of everything you do
- The skill to utilise multiple systems to explore your customer's needs and bespoke requirements
You should have the flexibility to work within the hours of Monday to Thursday 8AM to 9PM, Friday 8AM to 6PM, and Saturday (1 in 4) 8:30AM to 4PM working 35 hours per week.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.