Mechanical Technician - Test and Verification
Fed up of your current work place and in need of something more exciting? Are you a passionate motor technician with the skill and desire to achieve? If so, check this advert out and get your CV's over today!
The purpose of this role is to build, prepare, service and maintain prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification programme objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
By making reference to Prototype Work Requests / engineering work sheets and supervisors instructions, tasks undertaken include: -
* Preparation & shakedown of prototype vehicles/bucks for DVP testing, attribute sign-off events, mileage accumulation.
* Carry out servicing and safety checks on prototype vehicles.
* Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad.
* Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components.
* Manually collect and check components from storage area or check in house manufactured parts where necessary.
* Assemble of components and fit to vehicle / buck / layout board etc. in sequence of build and to process planning sheets or job routing sheet.
* Identify, investigate, by means of key task monitor sheets, any improvements to, or mismatches / failures of, parts or operations that will assist in both product &/or process quality improvements.
* Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
* Support quality, productivity and process improvements initiatives, e.g. Kaizen, 6 Sigma initiatives.
* Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards
Qualifications & Experience
* Experience working with Prototype vehicles and/or experience testing at automotive proving grounds will be an advantage to the candidate.
* The successful candidate will have completed an appropriate automotive apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have relevant experience.
* The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings /process sheets is essential
* The candidate should possess a clean driving licence.
* In addition to the above, the candidate should have good communication skills and a general understanding of computers.
* It would be advantageous if candidates have undertaken further study to HNC level in appropriate disciplines.
* Candidates should be aware that they might be required to work away from base (e.g. at another plant or test site either in UK or abroad) for short periods of time.
If you are interested in this role, you can either respond to this advert with your CV or give me a call on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.