EHS Manager Rail Projects
telent - EHS Manager Rail Projects
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues of £399M, 1,900 employees and 23 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation's infrastructure.
We are currently looking for a EHS Manager Rail Projects to join our QEHS team at telent in Warwick or Chorley.
You will be responsible to provide competent Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) support for the telent Rail business, ensure implementation of the EHS Management System relevant to the telent Rail business operations and as detailed within the telent Management System.
Specifically, you will:
* Ensure that all EHS legislation, Customer and stakeholder EHS requirements (including Contractors and suppliers) and industry best practice is recognised and that all relevant policies and safe working procedures and practices are adopted.
* Help to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that are identified by the hazard analysis and risk assessment process.
* Review project Health and Safety Plans, Construction Phase Plan, Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets.
* Ensure all internal health and safety training for managers and employees is appropriate and that all training requirements set by external agencies is adequate.
* Conduct regular site inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and records of inspection findings are maintained.
* Investigate Incidents, Accidents, Near Misses and Close Calls, advising of changes and improvements in work practices that are identified.
What we are looking for:
You will hold MIOSH - Chartered member of IOSH and have a recognized industry Health and Safety qualification, e.g. BSc or NEBOSH Diploma. We are also looking for:
* Experience of managing Environment, Health and Safety on multi-discipline projects.
* Strong working knowledge of EHS legislation.
* Knowledge of the operational railway environment and its associated risks.
* Working knowledge of Network Rail company standards
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion