Assistant Buyer - Stationary
The stationery team are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join their team. Having full ownership of specific products will require an experienced individual to come in and hit the ground running.
You’ll be responsible for carrying out the sourcing and selection strategy for a designated product range, with the aim being to deliver great products at fair prices to our customers - they are at the heart of everything we do.
You will be a confident communicator with a strong sense of team spirit.
You will work cross functionally with the Buying, Merchandising, Marketing and Design teams and work closely with global suppliers and far-east sourcing office.
It will be crucial that range launch timescales are met and ensuring agreed levels of good, better and best products are bought in line with the overall department strategy.
You will work closely with the Buyer’s admin assistant on the team to guide and support with workload and day to day admin management.
You will regularly visit stores and liaise with the Visual Merchandising/Range Planning teams to help continuously improve the shopping experience for customers.
As an Assistant Buyer, you will have…
- Previous experience in an Admin/Assistant Buyer role
- An understanding of commercial issues
- A passion for products and their development
- Strong understanding of buying processes
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic retail environment
- Ability to adapt on a day to day basis
- High attention to detail and accuracy