Pre-Construction Director - Building / Construction - West Midlands
- Open to a fresh challenge?
- Want to work for a company different to the norm?
- Looking for a leading role is a stable and fast-growing business?
THEN LOOK NO FURTHER, THIS COMPANY HAVE THE BEST OPPORTUNITY ON OFFER FOR A PRECONSTRUCTION MANAGER / PRECONSTRUCTION DIRECTOR IN THE MIDLANDS
Read more to find out why:
...............HOW CAN THEY MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR YOU?
* LOCAL REGIONAL WORK long term.
* GOOD WORK LIFE BALANCE with competitive working hours, they are not clock watchers.
* CAREER PROGRESSION, Chance to play a key role in leading their preconstruction team.
* PEACE OF MIND, they are a very stable and secure business to join.
...............WHAT IS THE COMPANY DOING RIGHT ?
* AN ETHICAL BUSINESS with one of the best credit ratings in the industry, paying suppliers and subbys on time.
* QUALITY FOCUSSED on projects, they don't chase turnover either, leading to profitability and stability in the business.
* REPEAT BUSINESS of over 70% with the majority of this being negotiated business.
* LESS RED TAPE, this company don't have process for the sake of process and offer a working environment where you can use your initiative and entrepreneurial skills to make a difference!
.................WHAT ARE THEIR RECENT SUCCESSES?
* FULL ORDER BOOK, already secured for this year and most of next year!
* TURNOVER, rivals if not betters most top 10 main contractors on a regional basis, but also highly profitable.
* EMPLOYER OF CHOICE, maintaining low staff turnover and creating a personable & friendly team environment, a company people want to work for.
.......... WHAT MAKES THIS COMPANY SO DIFFERENT ?
-Quite simply it is the enthusiasm and passion that resonates from the senior management team down, belief in their business, the air of success in the office and the ambition to drive the business forward to continued success. In short its a very positive and exciting place to work , with a contagious atmosphere that will help fuel your own career progression.
-NAME NOT A NUMBER, they can offer best of both worlds in terms of a chance to work on an interesting and wide portfolio of projects but also at a smaller business where you can get noticed for your efforts, feel you are contributing & be part of a team.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role is to take the lead on tender and framework bids, taking responsibility for the projects from inception (PQQ or project identification) to starting on site.
•Liaise with Managing Estimator to ensure timeframes are achieved for the technical and commercial elements of bids;
•Take the lead on tenders with the clients representatives establishing win strategy’s and key client drivers for selection;
•Lead in tender bid settlements
•Manage a preconstruction team of Bid Managers, Estimators, Planners and Design Managers.
•Liaising with other team members – Business Development Manager; Construction delivery teams; Design Managers; Planning Manager etc.
•Lead bids and take responsibility for - client liaison during bid; technical bid submissions; lead bid settlement meetings with appropriate director.
To be considered for this Preconstruction Manager / Director vacancy you will likely have the following attributes:
- Comprehensive preconstruction experience – bid writing/ submissions.
- Competitive nature.
- Leadership skills.
- Previous employment as a Preconstruction Manager, Preconstruction Director, Tendering Manager, Bid Manager, (Pre-construction) Project Manager / Contracts Manager.
- Previous experience in building sector projects such as Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing, MOJ, Industrial, Education or Healthcare.
- Previous Main Contractor employment, either regional or national builders.
- Good team player, with a friendly and personable approach.
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc.). To be considered for this Quantity
My client is a leading privately-owned building contractor, with a busy and fast growing workload.
As a result of further business growth, this employer is looking to strengthen their team further with the appointment of a Preconstruction Director to work on a range of Building Sector projects in the Midlands, project values ranging from £5m - £50m.
Ideal opportunity for an already experienced Preconstruction Director or a Preconstruction Manager looking for the next step.
Birmingham / West Midlands
Reporting to a modern office on a business park with excellent local rail and motorway links with office parking.
The successful Preconstruction Director will receive:
*Competitive Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car / Allowance
*Pension (very competitive)
*Excellent Working Hours.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75308994