Competitive Benefits & Salary Package
About the company:
Our client is a multi-award winning British manufacturing company that is leading the way as the world’s number one supplier of Power Arm and green maintenance technology.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire, our client offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium hedge-cutting, mowing, cultivation and remote control machinery that sets the standard for quality and innovation in the industry and is exported to more than 40 countries around the world.
The Role of the Service Engineer is the provision of after sales technical support for customers and end users via phone and on-site assistance. This includes administering warranty and support parts.
Responsibilities of the Service Engineer:
- Conducts service visits to carry out on farm service support.
- Provide advice and guidance via phone on normal service related calls, warranty decisions, and technical problems.
- Provide part numbers of all parts used on service jobs for accurate pricing.
- Where required, assist in field testing on new products and existing products for Engineering and design changes
- Operator instruction and product training at sales meetings.
- Attend Agricultural shows and assist in set up and tear down of shows where required.
- Assist in product training at sales meetings
- Contribute to writing new product manuals and update existing manuals
- Assist service and parts department with parts shortages, identifying part numbers and other items related to sales orders
- Repair and return reconditioned service exchange items.
- Any other duties as required by Company and within capabilities.
Key Requirements of the Service Engineer:
- Mechanical or Engineering Qualifications.
- Experience in similar role essential.
- Good oral communications and listening skills required
- Trouble shooting and diagnostic ability essential.
- Good human relations skills necessary
- Mechanical ability and skill in making appropriate repairs necessary
- Working knowledge of mechanical farm equipment essential
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and electrical circuits also essential
- Basic computer skills required.
- Organizational ability preferred
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as long distance travel is required.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Service Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75312473