Document Controller- Experienced Document Controller
Up to 30k + fab bens
Our valued client is an international engineering and construction consultancy.
The railway sector is one of their core markets and they pride themselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.
Our Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects including HS2, Crossrail and Digital Rail.
They have also built an enviable reputation in the delivery, working for and alongside some of the industry’s best known and respected companies including Network Rail, Transport for London and Train Operating Companies throughout the UK, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed their client’s needs.
They are currently seeking to recruit two Document Controller’s for our growing rail team in Birmingham and support the project team who are working on some of their many exciting and iconic projects including HS2 and a range of electrification and infrastructure enhancement projects across the UK rail network.
Please note that our client adheres to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- A-levels or NVQ equivalent in Numerical/technical subjects
- Previous experience as a Document Controller, ideally within the rail sector, however consideration will be given to applications from other sectors
- Knowledge of SharePoint and the Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Excel
- Can work and act independent of daily instructions i.e. self-motivated and self-managing. Good communication skills
- Well organised, attention to detail, flexible and professional
- Competence in MS Access databases
- Previous experience of Projectwise, Network Rail’s EB system or similar project communication system is a distinct advantage
- Familiar with Design environment and Project Management environment and Document Control management
- Familiar with working with Design Engineers and understanding their terminology
- Can read and interpret a design drawing
- Knowledgeable about Change Control, Technical Queries, Design Management
- Can act on behalf of design engineers to pursue and track Technical Queries
- Familiar with / knowledgeable of Project Wise or similar project communication system
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Document Controller / Project Team, you will be accountable for the delivery of a fast and effective document control solution and ensuring that key deadlines are achieved.
They will ensure that they offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by professionals who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Using Sharepoint and Projectwise to process incoming and outgoing project critical documentation
- Liaison with the project team member for preparation of all technical submissions.
- Ensure all submissions are submitted in timely manner , appropriate approval/rejection are obtained and formally recorded and that changes and revisions are managed as part of document control process
- Keep track of all documents correspondences and transaction. Maintain and update all document registers
- Control of issue and receipt of all documents and drawings - Quality checking all information
- Monitor and update any change and modification to the technical documents. Highlight any deviation to Engineering manager for attention
- Liaison with project team for the preparation of presentation materials if necessary
Remuneration & Benefits
Our client believes in rewarding their staff for their commitment and endeavours and they have designed a flexible benefits package that they feel will suit all of their team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
- Stakeholder Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Birthday Vouchers