Financial Reporting Accountant - Outstanding Progression
Financial Reporting Accountant - Outstanding progression opportunities
£40-45,000 + 10% Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + 27 holidays
Working in partnership with Seymour John, our client an acquisitive and ambitious UK arm of a global empire employing 120 people in finance, meaning outstanding career development opportunities. The business has willingness and capacity to support commercial opportunities, but it is also required to be relentless in its drive for efficiency in order to succeed in a highly competitive marketplace. The business is populated by professional, high quality people, is extremely forward looking and can offer excellent scope for career progression and diversification. The environment is challenging, dynamic, and full of opportunities for personal development.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and other ad-hoc financial reporting on a USGAAP basis, including timely and accurate submission of Group reporting to Swiss Re and preparation of ad-hoc analysis
• Maintain USGAAP ledger and environment, including detailed understanding of the chart of accounts, to facilitate production of an accurate trial balance
• Prepare and retain high quality supporting documentation, suitable for management and auditor review
• Perform detailed review of inputs and provide appropriate challenge to ensure information is understood and accurate. Demonstrate detailed understanding of accounts under all reporting frameworks through preparation of reconciliations and performance of analytical review
• Develop relationships with key contacts in other teams (including General Ledger function, Investments, Expenses, Actuarial) and proactively manage expectations with regards to delivery of information required for financial reporting
• Liaise with other functions, including wider business, Swiss Re group, internal and external auditors, to address queries, provide insightful interpretation and satisfy audit requirements
• Ensure key controls are clearly documented in RCSA and relevant evidence is recorded and is suitable for review by senior management and internal and external audit
• Understand impact of any new or one-off transactions or changes in accounting standards to ensure that accurate financial reporting is maintained. Liaise as necessary with group accounting to ensure best practice is achieved in reporting and disclosure.
Who are we looking for?
A fully qualified accountant with good technically skills and an interest in learning
Someone able to work seamlessly within a team and interact positively with other colleagues across the organisation.
Someone who thrives under pressure and wants to develop a reputation for delivering.