Our client is a Derbyshire based Global Import / Export business looking for a Financial Controller to join its expanding Finance team. The group has experienced significant growth in recent years, and part of its ongoing growth strategy is to continue its expansion in to new international markets.
The finance function is going through a period of change, and the recently appointed Finance Director is now looking to appoint a Financial Controller to support him and the business with its ongoing growth strategy.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Financial Controller is a key member of the Finance Team. Reporting to the Finance Director.
The Financial Controller has a varied & hands-on role and as part of this position you will be responsible for the following:
· supervising, developing & the evaluation of the finance team;
· end to end production of the management accounts for all entities with commentary;
· analysis of sales data, margins and evaluation;
· management of the groups sales and purchase ledgers;
· treasury management;
· foreign currency management;
· the production of annual budget and re-forecasts;
· cost control and analysis;
· ensuring UK & overseas Intrastat/VAT/taxation compliance and the submission of returns;
· driving system development and process improvements;
· assisting with the completion of the annual Statutory Accounts, Audit and Corporation Tax (UK & overseas);
· liaise with HMRC and other external parties for all tax enquires.
In order to be considered in this role, you will have:
· experience of working within an import/export environment;
· supervisory experience;
· achieved at least a 2:1 degree in a finance related discipline;
· experience of invoice discounting;
· intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite, with an intermediate to Advanced level in Excel.
If you are interested please apply online through this advert, or ring 0115 8990303 for more information.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75311769