Transport HSEQ Manager
Transport HSEQ Manager
35-40k dependent upon experience + Excellent Company Benefits
The purpose of this role is to provide a comprehensive transport risk and health safety support and management service for the operational sites. To develop a safe working culture within the organisation. To ensure safe working practices across the company This will be achieved by a combination of training, mentoring, investigations, recommendations, systems improvements and enforcement.
Main Responsibilities:• Ensure safe working practices are in place across the networks and transport operations.
• To provide support and guidance to the site operational teams.
• To complete audits in accordance with the company internal audit policy and schedule and to maintain accreditation to ISO 9001, 18001 and 14001. This will include the auditing and performance management of 3rd party contractors and supplier to fleet and transport.
• To provide assistance to the vehicle operating centres to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
• To assist in the development of robust road risk and transport systems within operational sites.
• Assist sites to maintain a safe place or work as regards vehicles, vehicle movements, training and facilities including the safe movement and storage of parcels.
• Lead in road traffic investigations, providing complete risk and root cause analysis and recommendations.
• Assist in the investigation of liability claims and the provision of documents to the companies representatives.
• Assist in the completion risk assessments for transport and identified road risks, and implementation of control measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
• Guide sites and facilities in the development and opening of new operating locations.
• Liaison as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
• Provide timely weekly and monthly reports as required to Sort and Transport HSEQ Manager.
• Highlight areas of high potential risk identified by statistics or accident investigations and advise Sort and Transport HSEQ Manager and senior management as appropriate.
• Participation in appropriate meetings between management, staff, recognised trade unions on Transport and Road Risk safety matters.
• Organisation and promotion of various methods of promoting Road Risk and general HSE matters.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role
• CPC License holder
• Class 1 LGV licence
• Extensive experience in the logistics / haulage industry.
• Experience in tachomaster, isotrack and microlise preferable
• Knowledge of Dangerous Goods ADR or Limited quantities - preferable
• Experience in the road traffic accident / incident route cause analysis.
• Competent IT skills including Web applications, Word and Excel.
• Good communications skills at all levels of the business.
• Good organisation and personal management skills.
Other features of the job (working hours, travel, location etc)
This role will require travel throughout the UK with occasional nights away from home. The working hours will be 40 hours per week but due to the nature of the role this will need to be flexible to meet the operational needs of the business during incidents or at exceptional or seasonal periods in the business of Yodel.
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.