North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer who will ensure that civil engineering requirements are correctly interpreted from design and implemented on site.
In addition to their technical role, they will work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for, health and safety, as well as the organisation and supervision of material and human resources. They will be engaged on projects which vary from small scale to multi-million pound ventures across the Severn Trent framework. The role will also include both upward and downward reporting within NMCNomenca and the client at all times providing clear and precise direction at all levels. Working alongside the Site Manager the engineer will engage with others to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, quality assisted by the commercial team.
Other duties include responsibility for the following
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Helping with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Liaising with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are up kept
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience as a site engineer / setting our engineer.
- An industry applicable qualification
- Experience of FRC works and drainage is preferable
- Working knowledge of CAD would be favourable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75322271