Care Assistant Support Worker
Job: Complex Care Support Worker/Personal Assistant
We are looking for caring applicants, with a kind and upbeat personality, reliable, hands on, and trustworthy, to look after a gentleman with a fantastic humorous personality.
You will have excellent listening skills, along with patience and understanding.
Our client is dependent on his care team, therefore reliability is key.
Our client is 68 years young, he lives with his wife and son, likes to keep up to date with current affairs and is an avid sport lover. He has 2 Grandchildren too, who he likes to spend time with.
Our client requires on-going support with all aspects of daily living which help promote his well-being, working closely alongside the family and his extended care team to achieve the goals set.
Duties included but not exhaustive of:
- Reading the newspaper to the client (He’ll let you know what he likes)
- Administration of prescribed PEG feed and medication via PEG.
- Full bed bath / or shower, to support personal hygiene needs
- Support in mobility
- Tracheostomy – Which requires open suction
- The client would like to do a bit more socially, this will require confidence and a bit of persuasion
Criteria - Applicants MUST
- Have suitable experience Experienced in clinical /complex care
- Good communication, listening skills
- Be flexible to allow cover where needed for staff absences
- £8.15 - £8.48 per hour
- 8am – 8pm weekdays and weekends
- Shard End, Birmingham
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75324763