Credit Risk Specialist
Rexel UK are looking for a permanent Credit Risk Specialist, the purpose of this role is to minimise uninsured risk and bad debt to all UK banner companies through on-going credit reviews and reporting.
- Ensure effective management and regular review/monitoring of customer credit limits >£20k to ensure that credit limits are supported by credit insurance (where applicable) and correct level of authorisation obtained, minimising uninsured risk and bad debt to all UK banner companies, with main focus on more complex and high profile customers
- Ensure Equifax portfolio monitoring is reviewed and actioned in line with the agreed process and SLA’s
- Ensure that internal “customers” receive effective and efficient support and are dealt with in a manner that is in line with Rexel Values.
- Analyse and assess customer’s credit risk through in-depth business and financial analysis and in line with existing risk appetite and authorisation levels.
- Work closely with the sales team, supporting business development by providing crucial technical credit input and supporting and coaching the sales team to obtain information to mitigate risk
- Ensure all new business applications, credit limit and supplier pro-forma requests >£20k are processed in line with the credit policy and SLA’s
- Ability to work independently and take full responsibility and autonomy for role
- Ability to work in structured, methodical, systematic way with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Customer focused with evidence of building effective working relationships with a range of senior stakeholders internally and externally. Role holder deals with External Information Providers, Insurer, Broker, banner MDs/GMs, CFD, Operational Controllers/Heads of Operational Finance, CFO and Legal team.
- Able to identify, analyse and present key information in a variety of formats
- Have the ability and flexibility to manage fluctuating workloads, prioritising efficiently and respond quickly and effectively to ad hoc requests.
- Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
- Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
Rexel is a truly global distributor and provider of supply solutions to a wide range of markets and customers with over 30,000 employees.
Rexel are an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75319285