Strategic Communications Manager
Our client, a leading construction and support services business, are recruiting for a Strategic Communications Manager to be based in their offices in West Bromwich.
This role is responsible for managing the overall communication activities, plans and execution for the IT portfolio programme. You will support the achievement of the Group IT Programme objectives through the strategic planning, creation and coordination of engaging communications.
This position requires expertise in matrix working and stakeholder engagement strategies, as well as the ability to simplify complex technical information to create meaningful communications at all levels.
- Establish an internal communications strategy and framework for strategic programmes in conjunction with senior programme managers and divisional communications experts to engage with all impacted stakeholders with consistent information and messages, through the right channels at the right time.
- Develop and manage approval processes for all communications within strategic programmes.
- Work in conjunction with multiple stakeholders, including third parties to drive strategic programmes communication best practice, consistency and champion the use of plain English throughout all IT related communications, ensuring communications are fit for all our business divisions.
- Within a matrix environment, manage by influence and coaching the wider transformation communications team to ensure that messaging and delivery is consistent. Be the single point of contact for all communications for strategic programmes.
- Build and publish communications plans and processes for the portfolio programme, embedding, in-life and any new releases.
- Develop toolkits and branding strategies for all strategic programme deliverables.
- Develop and manage a communications stakeholder map for the strategic programme which incorporates Group and all business divisions.
- Develop and manage communications targets, KPIs and all associated MI and reporting
- Create and where relevant distribute executive messages, prepare and present presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings and workshops to share information regarding strategic programmes.
- Adapt communications from external vendors for internal use, ensuring messages are consistent and translate effectively all stakeholders. Provide third parties with appropriate standards and ensure they adhere to them.
- Provide quality control for Group-wide IT related communications, advising on best fit channels, messaging principles and tone.
- Ensure programme initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Provide consultancy expertise to Group and divisional communications stakeholders to advise on suitable communication channels and platforms to deliver communications.
- Respond to feedback from key stakeholders and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Manage the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect programme perception and reputation.
- Significant internal communications experience from working in complex organisations with geographically dispersed employee base.
- Experience in driving organisational and programme change and people strategy through creative, effective and impactful internal communications.
- Ability to understand and communicate the impact of group IT programme strategy to a diverse group of internal audiences.
- Experience developing and implementing internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness.
- Experience engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders at every level within a matrix organisation, building and maintaining strong relationships internally and with third party providers.
- Experience of successfully managing complex projects, matrix working with multiple stakeholders, from start to finish.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a creative approach to creating communications plans with compelling messages.
- Experience advising and driving internal communication best practice, challenging as necessary and championing the use of simple non-technical language.
- Strong organisational skills with an attention to detail.
- Great presentation, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel between sites including occasional short notice travel.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in marketing, communications, English, journalism, or related.
This is a full-time, permanent position - working Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm.
This position is based in West Bromwich, but does require regular travel to the offices in Twyford, near Reading, and London.
Please apply online to be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75318250