Our client is a UK manufacturer of consumer products who supply major UK retailers across storage, garden, food storage and housewares categories.
They are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to drivetheir growing manufacturing business forward.
This key role will be all-encompassing ranging from creating marketing material, looking at the social media and website presence, organising events and analysing the branding and new product development. The role will report to the Sales Director and have 1 direct report.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- The management and development of all current and new products, from initial concept through to production and first delivery.
- Creating marketing and social media strategies
- Organisation and preparation of all sales and marketing material which will include sales literature, presentations for the sales team, labels etc.
- Overseeing advertising, web marketing and PR as well and e-mail campaigns and managing large scale promotions incorporating elements of the entire marketing mix.
- Working with external agencies to produce marketing collateral
- Setting budgets, targets and timelines
- Organising and attending events/exhibitions to meet new and existing clients and drive sales
- Line Management - manage, monitor and develop a sales & marketing co-ordinator, identifying training needs and encouraging development and growth
- Research and analysis of market trends and target markets
- Provide market and competitor information
- First point of call for all product enquiries and working collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues that may arise
This is a varied and rewarding, customer focused marketing role well suited to a genuinely passionate marketer with strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate will therefore be hands on, creative, entrepreneurial and more importantly, a team player!
Ideally educated to Degree level or similiar.
- A proven track record of marketing in a B2B environment
- A very good understanding of applying the full marketing mix ie, marketing, product marketing, brand marketing, events, social media, brochures, presentation packs etc
- A good understanding and experience of digital marketing platforms
- The ability to forge strong relationships with senior internal stakeholders and the gravitas to manage conflicting demands
- An excellent communicator, who has a strong level of written and oral skills with an organised and efficient approach to work and an ability to present
- A positive can-do attitude and strong team ethos
- Previous experience of new product development and brand marketing, ideally in a fast-moving environment and / or similar industry
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Literate in Microsoft Office - Excel skillset to be at least Intermediate
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good planning and organisation skills - able to manage a multiple number of projects at any one time
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated.
- Creative with a high level of attention to detail
- Event management experience
- Willingness to travel when required - e.g. factories and customer visits; including travel abroad to exhibitions