Finance Manager - UK Performance
About the role:
This is an opportunity for a highly experienced Finance Manager to join a FTSE 100 business and be accountable for reporting, insight and analysis for the performance of the overall UK business. This role will provide the WUK leadership team and Group with clear insight on the financial performance of the UK business.
- Overall accountability for the provision of analysis and insight for the UK business
- Ownership for maintaining and developing the relationship with the Group Performance Management Team
- Gain inputs from across the Finance function (Sales and Margin/Cost, Capex/Operations and central finance) to understand the performance of the business
- Work alongside the Planning FM to ensure streamlined insight and analysis across both historical performance and planning, ensuring no duplication and effective team work across the piece.
- Act as Commercial Finance support for the UK Digital team. Drive a holistic understanding of the economics of Multichannel and Digital to ensure they underpin a better UK business performance
- Ownership of month end P&L and Working Capital as well as all half year and full year reporting to Ripon FA&C team
- Drive simplicity across the team and through the business - focus self and others upon keeping things simple. This will involve the delivery of process simplification initiatives within own business area, as well as taking a proactive approach towards building for the future and taking ownership for delivering change
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement across the business unit, both in terms of personal development and process/system improvement. Ensure personal development plans are in place for all individuals in the team, as well as building succession plans for all roles
You will have:
- Fully qualified in either ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of managing a finance function in a large and complex organisation
- Experience of managing large teams, ideally at second-line manager level (i.e. experience of managing other finance managers)
- Experience of digital agenda would be highly advantageous
- Exposure to situations that require influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of working as a service provider for internal stakeholders. Willing to take a customer-centric approach and to focus upon collaborative cross-functional working
- Experience of delivering process improvements initiatives within a complex finance function
- Credible communicator, both in oral and written form, as well as an effective presenter to large and senior audiences. Able to provide information in clear yet commercial terms
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills - solution-focused approach
- High degree of commercial acumen - able to understand, measure and demonstrate the impact of team's work upon the wider business and upon the bottom-line performance of the organisation
- Willing and able to focus self and others upon working with real-time-information. Able to work at pace and prepared to update the status quo to ensure the business is presented with quality data
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work to strict, tight deadlines, with a clear focus upon prioritisation of work streams and resources
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world's largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.