Macildowie are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Supervisor based in Coventry
The Role Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner. Ensuring that invoices are appropriately approved before payment is made to payment terms. Demonstrating the ability to support, motivate and encourage members of the Purchase Ledger team.
- Train, support and develop team members
- Responsible for the timely management of Accounts Payable transactions in a proactive manner to ensure supplier accounts are accurate and up to date
- Liaise with suppliers and internal personnel to discuss solutions to prevent further issues arising
- Assist with the closure of Accounts Payable Month End ensuring all reporting is completed, valid and correct ready for month end close
- Support team members with problematic accounts
- Review and reconcile Supplier statements
- Checking payment runs
- Close monitoring of unmatched receipt and unmatched invoices levels, with follow up action to ensure invoices are cleared for payment in a timely manner
- Cash flow forecasting for the AP expenditure
- Preparation of month end closedown reports and commentary as appropriate
- Assisting with month end, specifically completing GRNI provision, posting of journals and reconciliation of balance sheets
- Ensure that all processes are in line with company procedures
- Supporting any process and system changes that are implemented for the improvement of the AP Process and department deliverables
The business is a large retail business, they are looking for a fast paced and experienced AP Supervisor. The successful candidate will be happy to work in busy finance function and manage a team of up to 8 Ledger Clerks.
- Build relationships with the key stakeholders throughout the business
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of high volume transaction department (Purchase Ledger)
- Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills - (Look Ups & Pivot Tables)
- Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
- Very familiar with prepayments, accruals and month end cut processes
- Must be competent in financial software packages
- Knowledge of VAT requirements
If you require any more information around the position please give me a call ASAP on .
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .