Foundry new product introduction engineer
Foundry New Product Introduction Engineer
Salary: £30,000 pa + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Foundry New Product Introduction Engineer, for our client based in Dudley.
· To become integral part of NPI Team for the Foundry Group on both sites
· To ensure robust process controls and initial BOM are in place for all aspects of manufacturing at NPI stage.
· To minimise foundry scrap and waste efforts in all foundry departments at NPI stage.
· To capture manufacturing data for margin analysis at NPI stage
· To be the single point of contact for customer on all issues relating to NPI
· Communicate progress on NPI to team using strong visual management
· To ensure NPI has integrated work instructions for every stage of manufacturing
· With internal approvals from Works Manager and Quality Manager
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Coordinate foundry NPI up to the point of release to customer by quality department. Robust, reliable and repeatable systems need to be incorporated into NPI to ensure:
o Low scrap
o Minimal additional work
o Integrated work instructions
o Best possible work flow
o Margin Analysis (Commercial) evaluation - Quote v’s Actual
Limits of Authority:
· To requisition consumable items from the stores.
· Initiate internal CAR’s.
· To raise tooling requisitions for approval.
· To raise any requisitions for approval.
o Discipline personnel in line with Company policy and report action to the Works Manager.
o Ensure personnel perform as required in the execution of their duties and job descriptions.
o Ensure personnel are adequately trained to meet the needs of the organisation.
o Ensure that all personnel in area of responsibility meet the requirements of the Company’s health and safety policy, including the use of the required safety equipment and the operation of any "Code of Safe Working Practice".
o Establish and maintain good employee relations.
o Help to develop and improve the skills and knowledge of all personnel in the department.
o To ensure all processes and procedures are adequately maintained in the event of absenteeism and alternative working patterns.
· Quality Control
o Ensure that all departmental TDL quality procedures are implemented and maintained.
o Maintain and improve agreed quality standards to ISO9001 in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
o Take responsibility for:
- Internal work instructions at NPI stage
- Foundry scrap at NPI stage and initial production batches
- NPI Work Flow
- Operator training at NPI stage
· Day to Day Duties
o Co-ordinate sample planning with Production Control and Foundry Team to meet customer and internal requirements
o Lead daily NPI meetings
o Co-ordinate corrective actions with Pattern shop, Metallurgist and Foundry Team Leaders to ensure NPI scrap rates <3.2%
o Attend daily production meeting
o Monitor and implement improvements in areas such as:
- NPI scrap rates
- NPI lead time
- NPI right first time %
- GM % compared to Quote
o Train all staff in best practices as appropriate using OPL’s & SOP’s.
o Seek out all opportunities to increase profit.
· Health and Safety
o Ensure that "Codes of Safe Working Practice" are implemented and obeyed by all personnel within sphere of responsibility.
o Ensure that all personnel are equipped with the required safety equipment, are trained in its correct use and that the equipment is properly looked after and maintained.
o Ensure that any guards fitted are securely in position always.
o Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded in the accident book.
o Report any unsafe situations or practices to the Foundry Manager.
o Maintain and if possible, improve agreed health & safety standards to ISO18001, this will include conducting risk assessments within the melting operation.
· Cost Control
o Ensure that labour costs, including overtime working, is minimised and monitored.
o Recommend cost savings.
o Optimise purchase of raw materials (not melting) to ensure lowest net costs.
o Ensure that all personnel within sphere of responsibility are made aware of their obligations under the Environmental Protection Act and are given the required training to meet these obligations.
o Ensure that all plant and equipment within sphere of responsibility is maintained and operated in such a manner as to meet the Company’s obligations under the terms of the Environmental Protection Act.
o Ensure that all records required under the Environmental Protection Act are recorded accurately in the prescribed log book, kept up to date and is available for inspection when required.
o Maintain and if possible, improve agreed environmental standards to ISO14001.
How to apply:
If you feel that you have all the experience and skill for this position, then please Apply or send your most recent CV to Sam Kerby @ AM2PM