QA Test Engineer / Developer
Do you live and breathe Software Testing?
Are you an Automation Testing expert?
Savvy with Selenium?
If you do, then we need to talk, we are searching for a number of talented QA Testers for our new 'state of the art' purpose built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential. Even the most experienced QA Testers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas, especially within the Financial Services sector.
We are expanding and you will be joining a new team of expert QA Engineers supporting a number of exciting development projects for some of the world's largest financial organisations.
To be part of the team we are looking for candidates who have solid Automation Testing skills, Banking and Finance experience is preferred but don't be put off from applying if you don't we are looking for the best of the best so if you have great Automation Testing skills from another industry do get in touch, passion for development and all things technical is important and we will support you with training on our products.
These positions focus on creating and maintaining our cutting-edge award-winning Risk and Compliance software.
We are committed to making you as successful as possible, our head of department will be on hand to ensure that you receive all the support you need.
As a QA Test Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Testing software ensuring that the design and development is carried out as efficiently as possible with high quality output.
- Architect and deliver highly collaborative automated test solutions for system functional and non-functional requirements and regression testing.
- Being involved with requirement review, produce test case outline, defect analysis and track, issue identification.
- Agreeing Project testing scope with stakeholders typically: Business, Change Management, Release Management and Development.
This is an exciting time as we look to the future - you could be part of a growing organisation, dedicated to providing expertise to deliver market leading compliance solutions to clients in Financial Services sector. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
QA Test Engineer | QA Engineer | Automation Engineer | Test Automation Developer | Quality Analyst | QA Tester | Programming | Finance | Banking | Automation Testing | Selenium | Test Ng | Watir | BDD | Agile | SQL | SOAPUI
- Good Computer Science degree or similar.
- Significant experience of using open source testing tools like Selenium Web Driver, Test Ng, Watir integrated with IDE like Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA for scripting, executing tests and recording results
- Experience of BDD (Behaviour driven development) Testing frameworks like jBehave/Cucumber or any other test framework in gherkin language.
- Has demonstrable experience of performing the role of QA test engineer in a complex environment.
- Ability to translate business requirements and technical designs into test approaches and test cases.
- Significant experience in working within Agile delivery model.
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of database testing.
- Experience of testing API's using open source tools like SOAPUI.
- Strong knowledge of Windows/Unix/Linux operating system and writing shell scripting.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, such as Agile/XP/RUP and complicated software testing methodologies.
- A solid understanding of the waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Proficient in the Java stack
- Integration of automation tests with CI Tools like Jenkins/TeamCity.
- Experience in using open source performance test tools like jMeter.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of performance testing, approaches and concepts.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience of software like Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JBOSS AS/Tomcat etc.
- Experience of working with off-shore teams.
For over 28 years we have been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London and have offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
… And now we are in Birmingham.
It is important to ensure our Testers have the most modern workstations and provide a modest budget for all teams to customize their workstation or purchase peripherals as required.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, if you cycle to work then we have secure cycle bays with showers available, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.
So let's talk, together, we can harness your skills, reward passion and make the most of your future.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75255837