Job Title: KYC Analyst
Location: Central Birmingham
Day Rate Contracting
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical bank based in central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group, we've got exciting growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
As the UK's first wholly sharia compliant retail bank, we are a pioneering business entering a new phase of growth. We're looking for a driven KYC Analyst to join our growing Financial Crime Unit.
Purpose of the role:
Assist the Financial Crime Unit (FCU) in periodic reviews of the banks existing clients to ensure compliance with our regulatory obligations. The role includes liaison with sales, client on boarding, compliance and operational groups across the Bank.
Key responsibilities and tasks
The "Know your client" (KYC) operations is part of the FCU that is responsible for ensuring the quality and controls elements associated with client on-boarding and the re-assessment of its client’s relationships.
Key responsibilities of the team include:
• Research and validation of customer identification data/evidence using appropriate internal and external data sources;
• Ensure customers are classified in line with required regulations;
• Ongoing maintenance/refresh of existing customer data;
• Liaison with business departs across the bank;
• Daily monitoring of account refresh activity to ensure all regulatory/document requirements are met;
• Identifying risk factors;
• Delivery on targets and objectives in line with re-assessment programme.
- Must have previous banking experience, specifically of customer identification, customer on-boarding and KYC within a financial services organisation;
- AML or financial crime related qualification is desirable;
- Must have experience of/desire to work in a deadline oriented department.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including proficiency in Excel;
- Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting;
- Must possess good communication skills with the ability to be assertive;
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure;
- Demonstrate the ability to organise workflow, working to drive efficiencies and process improvements;
- Excellent awareness of and adherence to audit and risk controls.
Other requirements specific to the role
Good academic qualifications would be desirable, but less relevant than a strong track record in AML / customer on-boarding / KYC;
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience;
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions.