Operations Manager - Know Your Client Remediation Service
Job title: Operations Manager - Know Your Client Remediation Service
Corporate Title: Vice President
Deutsche Bank's Global Markets (GM) Operations Division is responsible for the origination, sale, structuring and trading of Global Liquidity Management, Foreign Exchange, Rates & Credit and Markets Electronic Trading as well as Emerging Markets. In addition Chief Operating Office (COO) GM is also responsible for Client Data Services (CDS) which comprises of the Client Onboarding and Account Maintenance and Reference Data Services (RDS). The group provides operational services across the Global Markets and Corporate Investment Banking clients globally which enable client business, protect against client lifecycle risk and drive up data standards within the firm.
CDS plays an integral part in the firm's first line of defence against financial crime, reducing the risk of working with new clients, primarily Know Your Client (KYC) risk, while ensuring client relationships are onboarded and maintained efficiently. RDS provide a golden source of quality reference data across the bank, underpinning the firm's key Regulatory, Control & Governance standards.
Within Deutsche Bank, a global programme (Mercury) reporting to the board has been launched, to address a number of critical requirements to address concerns raised by regulators on the bank's client on-boarding processes and policies. A risk based prioritisation approach has been agreed with senior management and the regulator, requiring the remediation of all clients through 2017-18.
You will be integral to meeting our Regulatory and Senior Management commitments; and you will be responsible for managing remediation service delivery to ensure volume and quality targets are met.
- End to end operational management of KYC remediation Service delivery.
- Definition and measurement of Key Performance and Risk indicators to measure service performance and ensure our strategic volume and quality targets are met.
- Implementation of operational improvement plans to meet all targets where needed to maximise efficient and internal client satisfaction. This will involve partnering with key internal partners, such as Business Line Client Outreach teams and Anti Financial Crime teams, to assist the implementation of process changes or other levers to improve overall quality and efficiency.
- Where applicable, provide appropriate formal governance of internal and external service provision.
- Act as delegate Service Relationship Owner for the purposes of Vendor Risk Management (VRM) and ensure all VRM requirements are met.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills, able to positively influence others to achieve results and communicate in an effective and timely manner.
- Experience in outsourced service management, or contract management; alternatively experience managing service operations.
- Experience in managing teams and process transfer between teams/locations.
- Ability to plan and organise in a highly reactive environment: Determine strategies, set goals and priorities, create and implement actions plans, develop and monitor progress to schedules.
- Very strong analytical capability to assess problems, identify causes, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Comfortable in reactive urgent situations but able to implement systemic interventions to drive towards planned and proactive future state.
- Ability to assess situations, urgency, risks. A team player mentality, working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolving problems and making decisions.
- Experience and ability to work in international virtual teams within a matrixed organization.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.