Team Leader / Senior Residential Support Worker - Children's Service,
Hillcrest Residential Children's Service require an experienced Care Team Leader/ Care Supervisor / Senior Residential Support Worker to join our dedicated team based from our children's home close to Stone and Meir Heath, Staffordshire. Salary up to GBP25,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Working as an experienced Care Team Leader / Care Supervisor/ Senior Residential Support Worker, this position has responsibility for leading and motivating a small care team, whilst also providing daily, quality care and support to children and young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD / SEMH).
Following a thorough 3 week induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Leading, supervising and motivating your care team to ensure the highest quality of care and support
- Positively working alongside education and therapy to establish routines and help develop life skills for our young people
- Supporting individual life programmes, promoting skills and independence in the home, whilst maintaining safeguarding procedures
- Managing challenging behaviour, helping to develop self-control techniques
- Documenting all children's activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care, and managing the homes budget
- Completing sleep-in duties on a rota basis
- Qualified to Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children or Young people) or equivalent, having previously worked at supervisory level
- Have proven experience working with children with behavioural, social or emotional difficulties or similar
- Have efficient and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and own transport
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
If you are an experienced as a Team Leader / Supervisor / Senior Residential Support Worker, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary up to GBP25,000 p.a. Career progression and an excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Retail Discount Packages and Onsite free parking.
Please note , the shift pattern for this role is 2 days on/4 days off to include some sleep in duties.
Our home is within easy reach from: Shifnal, Telford, Shrewsbury, Welshpool, Oswestry, Ludlow, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Stone, Stoke, Crewe, Nantwich and surrounding towns.
Hillcrest Children's Service forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our young people, adults and their families.
"Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date"