Stoma Community Nurse Specialist
As a Stoma Community Nurse Specialist you'll work autonomously across Burton, Lichfield, Tamworth and surrounding area, focusing on high quality patient care and the stoma home delivery service.
- Support GPs, Community Nurses and District Nurses - and Queen's Hospital staff in Burton - by advising on best practice through clinical patient reviews to improve patient care. Run clinics to implement clinical and product reviews, and offer clinical appointments to existing patients.
- Build trusting relationships with and advise Community and District Nurses, GPs, CCGs and MMGs on the prescribing of stoma products by offering GP review clinics, home visits and through feedback of results. Liaise with Hospital and Community teams to ensure a high standard patient of care.
- Produce, analyse and monitor patient data to identify patients and monitor prescription costs.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm with no unsociable hours!
A well established, award-winning and patient-centred company ensuring significant improvements to patients' quality of life before and following stoma/ostomy formation. The company provides excellent employee training and ongoing development.
- Registered Nurse with at least two years post registration experience and expertise in stoma, ostomy, colorectal or faecal / bowel management patient care as a Community Nurse, District Nurse or Colorectal Nurse.
- Clear and confident communication skills, with the ability to positively influence others.
- Able to plan, implement and manage own time effectively; working autonomously and flexibly (following training) in order to meet patient and service needs.
- Able to interpret data, generate reports and plan a course of action.
- NMC registered, with a full UK driving licence.
- Previous experience as a Nurse Advisor would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be provided to a Stoma Nurse coming direct from a clinical role.
Ideally located in or close to one of the following areas Stafford, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock, Burton upon Trent, Rugeley, Burntwood or alternatively Derby, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Walsall or similar.
- Salary of approx. GBP28-34,000, depending on experience, plus fully expensed company car.
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Healthcare, Child Care Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25 days per annum (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 27 days after 5 years' service, NMC & RNC fees paid, and more!
Call, email or apply now for full details???