Residential Care Worker (Tamworth)
Assessment Event: 16 th August 2017
We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for, and those who care for them.
That's why, as a Cambian Care and Support Worker, you'll find that you're truly valued for who you are, and the great work you do. So you can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too.
You will join a strong, supportive team in helping young people with complex needs. It's challenging yet highly rewarding work where the little things you do every day will have life-changing results.
Main purpose of the Job:
To provide advice, assistance and support to young people, safeguarding their welfare at all times. To attend to their practical, physical and emotional needs. To act as an appropriate role model and to work closely with them to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide care for young people through:
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning etc)
- Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate pro-social ways of dealing with problems
- Helping young people gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each young person's care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs
To act as a key worker through:
- Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
- Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extra curricular activities
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
- Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
To work as part of a team through:
- Being aware of the aims and objectives of the home and working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve them
- Attending team/ staff meetings and making a positive contribution to them
- Learn from others
- Join a great team
- Make a big difference in lots of small ways
You don't even need any experience - if you've got a passion for working with people and want to make a real difference, we'll give you everything else you need to succeed. Full training and ongoing career development are all part of the package.
- All applicants must be over 21.
- Due to the location of the home, all applicants must have a valid driver's licence.
Everyone has a personal best. Find yours now!