Servoca Resourcing Solutions are currently looking for a number of Investigators to work for the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract based in Birmingham.
Responsible for conducting allocated investigations or be part of the team supporting investigations as directed.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission exists to investigate complaints fairly and thoroughly. The IPCC has the power to initiate, carry out and oversee investigations. We are also responsible for monitoring the way complaints are handled by local police forces. Investigators within the Independent Police Complaints Commission can expect to work in a progressive and dynamic organisation with declared and strong core values. The work will be fulfilling and offer opportunities for personal growth and satisfaction.
IPCC investigators work closely with bereaved families, complainants and the police to establish the facts. In addition, local communities often need to be informed as to the IPCC's role and powers and be reassured that the investigation will be impartial and independent of the police. As such, IPCC investigators must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills together with the ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with everyone involved in an investigation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct investigations in accordance with agreed guidelines, including obtaining witness statements, interviewing witnesses and suspects, preparing casework and making recommendations for criminal and disciplinary action.
- Visit incident scenes and assist in supervising scene management ensuring that all necessary action is taken to preserve and recover evidence.
- Liaise with complainants and bereaved families to provide briefings on progress of investigations
- Attend post-mortems and brief pathologist as required
- Write investigation reports upon completion of investigation for submission to the assigned Commissioner for approval
- Prepare papers for submission to the Crown Prosecution Service and to IPCC Commissioners
- Liaise with other agencies and personnel as required.
6 month Fixed Term Contract Location: Birmingham Salary: £27,876 pa