Plastic and Steel Fabricators
Vacancies exist for both Steel Welder Fabricators and Plastic Welder Fabricators for a busy engineering facility in Coventry - excellent rates of pay and overtime available
£13.60 per hour + overtime Based: Coventry
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Welder / Fabricator will work with their own specialist skills:
Plastic Welder Fabricator - Reading and working from detailed drawings to produce fabrications using PVC, Polypropylene and PVDF with experience in manufacturing tanks, pipe work and ducting desired. Must be able to mark out and develop patterns.
Steel Welder Fabricator - Working from detailed drawings to produce intricate fabrications in both thin and thick gauge mild and stainless steels. Qualified (NVQ/C&G) in fabrication and welding, you will be skilled in guillotine, brake press and Mig / Tig welding processes.
Welder / Fabricators work on specialised equipment and responsibilities will include:
- ensuring quality standards / procedures of manufactured equipment
- assisting Supervisor with matters arising from fabrication / welding processes
- Current or previous coded welding a distinct advantage (BS EN 9606-1)
- Able to read and work from detailed drawings to produce one off fabrications using mild / stainless steel 1mm - 10mm thick using all fabrication techniques
- Experience with guillotine / brake press / Mig / Tig welding processes
- Crane and lifting skills.
- This is not a mass production/jig welding position therefore you must be able to work out cutting lists/flat pattern developments as well as setting out and setting up welding equipment.
- Sheet metal experience an advantage
General Duties include:
- Assist in design stages by informing your Manager of incorrect or faulty drawings
- Assist the Manager with fabrication and welding issues and solutions
- Ensure correct materials are issued prior to manufacture
- Carry out all duties with guidance but without constant supervision
- Comply with H&S working practices keeping all work areas in a clean, tidy and safe
Our client, part of a larger Group, is a leading manufacturer of high quality process equipment for the Aerospace and Automotive sectors and carries out turnkey projects on a worldwide basis.
Roles exist for experienced welders in either plastic or steel welding / fabrication. You may be a time-served Apprentice or have the relevant welding qualifications / practical experience in an engineering environment.
Hours of Work: Mon - Thurs 0730 to 16.00 and Friday 0730 to 1445. Benefits include life assurance, company pension scheme and 33 days holiday (including 8 statutory). Flexibility regarding working hours (weekend overtime available).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-reputed financially strong, successful organisation.
If you wish to apply, please forward a CV stating current availability quoting reference 272518i.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited from candidates with skills and experience in: welding steel plastic welder arc mig tig welding mechanical design engineer process equipment plant manufacture production engineering welder fabricated parts PVC Polypropylene PVDF arc mig tig welding guillotine brake press welder
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.