Design / Production Engineer
Design / Production Engineer to work within a specialist engineering team of a large engineering/manufacturing business. Will be involved in both the design and product development of the companies exisiting and forthcoming product lines.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage the design and drawings for all parts, whether existing or new.
- Ensure that all manufacturing programmes are kept up to date.
- Ensure all products are tested and compliant with relevant standards.
- Ensure all special products are costed accurately.
- Support the sales office with all technical enquiries including liaising with customers to define specificrequirements.
- Develop a product technical library.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels including shop floor as well as office based staff
- Possess excellent organisational skills
- Have a mechanical engineering background, preferably with a qualification such as an HNC in mechanical engineering / manufacturing
- Have strong IT skills, including being proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and design software such as AutoCAD and Inventor
- Idfeally possess machine tool programming experience such as CNC punch press, break press, laser.
Rare opportunity to join a major PLC with excellent benefits, tranining and development opportunities.