Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £16,000 - £21,000 Pro Rata DOE
Hours: Part time - 24 to 30 hours per week
Contract: Part Time, Permanent
Founded in 1965, Rayburn Tours is a successful tour operator specialising in world-wide educational tours for schools, concert tours for amateur music groups, ski tours for youth groups and sport tours for clubs, schools and universities. Our sister company, Venture Abroad, specialises in holidays abroad for groups of people with common interests such as Scouting and Guiding. Venture Abroad also offers an event management service and works closely with the Trefoil Guild in arranging accommodation, excursions and entertainment for their Annual Meeting.
We arrange a comprehensive package for the customer which includes travel, accommodation, full itinerary service, insurance, excursion leaflets, organisation of concert venues and appropriate publicity for all concert tours, maps and 'in-the-field’ study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide range of subjects for educational tours.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance Team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Daily processing of
- sales receipts (BACS, cheques and credit/debit card)
- sales and purchase invoices
- bank statement transactions (sterling and currency)
- purchase orders
• Accurate and timely postings to all associated systems (Sage 200 & our bespoke tour management system).
• Control and processing of Company debit card payments.
• Weekly payment runs.
• Processing of petty cash and expense claims.
• Monthly bank reconciliation.
• Proactive debtor and creditor management.
• Resolving supplier and bank queries.
• Providing additional support to the Finance team when required.
• Ad hoc support producing analytical reports.
• Monthly currency revaluations.
• Monthly tour insurance declarations.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Accurate data entry
• Strong IT and analytical skills, in particular with Excel
• A minimum of 2 years previous experience working within a finance team in particular Purchase and Sales Ledger
• Proven track record of successfully working to deadlines (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Effective communication skills with external customers i.e. suppliers, financial institutions and clients
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• AAT / CIMA
• Working knowledge of Sage Accounts 200
• Working knowledge of online commercial banking systems
• An understanding of UK VAT classifications
• A basic salary of £16,000 - £21,000 per annum
• A bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes
How to Apply:
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden and include a CV with a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Closing date: 1st September 2017
Keywords: Finance Assistant, Finance, AAT, CIMA, Sage, BACS, Invoices.