Customer Engagement Officer
Umbrella rate at £11.00 ph
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Customer Engagement Officer on a temporary basis. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
- Collate, analyse and present team data in accordance with the Council's performance measurement systems and share this as requested with other officers and members.
- Help ensure an effective flow of communication within your team and the sharing of information to and from other services across the council
- Assist with the general administration and smooth running of the service including support with postal requirements, arrangements for meetings, office equipment and stationary.
Working within the Business Services Team based at Warndon Depot, the role will require the post holder to be primarily responsible for dealing with written and verbal enquiries in relation to Penalty Charge Notices from motorists. The skills needed are attention to detail, working under pressure and maintain positive relationships in a context of competing priorities. We are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge can work both on their own and as part of a wider team and be committed to providing a high standard of service delivery.
Main Responsibilities -
- Working as part of a team, provide a good all round customer service that contributes to the cleanliness and appearance of Council making it a great place to live, work, visit and study.
- Participate in learning provided that will help you perform your role successfully and to the standards expected. Take an active interest in developing your skills to help you be the best you can be.
- Meet your designated targets within specified timeframes as set out in the agreed work schedule. Deliver those targets in line with the relevant standard operating procedures and training provided to you.
- Maintain and refresh established systems and processes by keeping abreast of and responding to current and future service needs and assist with the review of relevant business processes to ensure standard administrative systems and service related procedures continue to be fit for purpose.
- Be responsible for dealing with service requests from members of the public, external organisations and other services. Provide a seamless and high quality service to ensure that customer enquiries are dealt with efficiently and more specialist advice is sought from colleagues where appropriate.
- Assist in the practical resolution of customer issues by liaising with colleagues and co-ordinating the operational logistics to ensure agreed service standards are achieved
- Manage, maintain and administer customer accounts and associated income generation and billing along with the completion of relevant paperwork and financial records in line with relevant council or legislative requirements.
* Applicant should be experienced in parking enforcement and have knowledge of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
* Good communication and organisation skills
* Able to work under pressure
* Good word processing/ letter writing skills.
Experience of working in parking enforcement administration role.
This service will include the following -
* Provide guidance, advice, and assistance to motorists regarding parking contraventions.
* Respond to written and verbal enquiries on representations or appeals from the public.
* Use word processing packages, maintaining and accessing on-line records.
* Make decisions on whether a challenge is to be accepted or rejected
* Consider appeals following 'representations' in line with legislation