Visitor Experience Manager
As the Visitor Experience Manager it is your role to oversee the strategic planning and day to day management of the Wightwick Manor & Moseley Old Hall visitor experience. You will oversee the Visitor Experience, Marketing Communications, Programming, Events & Education and you will line manage staff in all of these areas.
What it's like to work here
The home of a local industrialist, Wightwick Manor is one of only a few surviving examples of a house built and furnished under the influence of the Arts and Crafts movement. The rich collection features many original wallpapers, fabrics and furnishings by William Morris, artwork by Rossetti and Burne-Jones. The manor sits in an attractive Arts and Crafts garden which reflects the style and character of the house and is Grade II listed in its own right.
Moseley Old Hall is the former farmhouse famous for sheltering Charles II after the Battle of Worcester in 1651.
What you'll be doing
Working closely with the General Manager you’ll be responsible for every aspect of the visitor experience. You’ll be leading a team across all aspects of visitor experience at the portfolio, from the first click on social media, to the welcome they receive in the car park, to the introduction they are given to the property at reception. You’ll make sure that these experiences feel like a part of the larger picture here. You’ll create a collaborative team through your own managerial approach, and you’ll help the General Manager deliver the long term goals for the visitor team.
You’ll be responsible for exceptional service across the property, working to visitor enjoyment targets, and you’ll have people, projects and budgets to manage on a daily basis. As a member of the leadership team, you’ll work with other heads of departments to ensure that the visitor experience is at the forefront of all that we do. And crucially, you’ll know our cause and talk about how we can link our work back to the overall aims of the National Trust.
Who we're looking for
It’s a significant role and we need someone who can take on a big challenge. In order to succeed you’ll need to have:
- A full UK driving license and ability to travel across all the properties in the portfolio
- Experience of managing teams in a very busy visitor attraction.
- Experience of income generation and meeting budgeted targets
- Experience of working to KPIs (key performance indicators) and delivering results through your team.
- Understanding of programming of events, and interpretation.
- High standards of customer service and presentation.
- The ability to lead by example, and inspire and motivate your team.
- Experience of people, project and budget management.
- A strategic approach to managing the visitor engagement at the property.
- Awareness of our ethos and cause, and how to interpret this for our visitors.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Interview date: 1st September 2017