Night and Weekend Support Worker
POSITION: NIGHTS AND WEEKEND SUPPORT WORKERS
REPORT TO: SUPPORT MANAGER
SALARY: SCALE 4, POINT 18-21, £16,614 - £18,882, PER ANNUM, PRO RATA PLUS SLEEP IN ALLOWANCE
HOURS: FULL TIME - 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
CLOSING DATE: 15TH AUGUST 2017 - 12PM
We are seeking Support Workers to provide support at night and weekends to young people at risk of homelessness, to enable them to develop their skills, confidence and opportunities and help them make a successful transition to adulthood.Â The successful candidates will also assist young people to achieve their support plan goals by helping them with life skills or other support needs.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- An NVQ 2 qualification in Care, Advice and Guidance or other relevant/equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working with young people in any of the following settings:- Youth work, Residential or Social work, Probation/Criminal Justice, Community work, Education and Training, Housing or Support work
- Ability to assist young people in improving their life skills through designing and implementing life and social skills programmes in individual and group work settings
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group using appropriate media
- Knowledge of welfare rights, benefit claims, resources etc.
This list is not exhaustive; see job description and person specification for a list of further requirements.
Please note: CVs and handwritten applications are not accepted.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.