About the client
Our client are an extremely reputable aerospace manufacturing business located in the heart of Derbyshire. They offer component solutions to large high profile aerospace customers across the globe and provide both fabrication and machining.
Reporting to the Aero Production Manager, the Manufacturing Systems Engineer is responsible for identifying, analysing and resolving issues which prevent products being produced "Right First Time".
- Identify where manufacturing processes do not produce parts "Right First Time"
- Use structured Problem Solving methodologies and tools
- Lead multi-disciplinary Problem Solving activities
- Resolve variations from expectation in manufacturing
- Lead MRB activities and resolve causes of non-conformance
- Coordinate activities with Production Management, Leaders, Operators,
- Regularly report on improvements & cost savings
- Utilise 'methods engineers’ to best effect
- Embed "Lessons Learnt" using Standard Operating Procedures / Work Instructions
Required skills and Competences
- Good investigative skills
- Positive, Can-do attitude, knows there is a better way
- Technical problem solving ability
- Knowledge of 8D problem solving
- Degree Qualification or equivalent in Engineering / Manufacturing
- Analytical and data driven
- Experience of the 6 sigma process (Green belt minimum)
- Experience of mistake proofing (Poke - Yoke)
- Lean / C.I. experience
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Maintain good housekeeping practises.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those related to Health and Safety, Data Protection and the issued Employee Handbook
- Be expected to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your level within the Company.