PERMANENT - FULL TIME
Shifts Available -
23:00 - 07:00 (Sunday to Thursday)
15:00 - 23:00 (Sunday to Thursday)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for individuals looking to further their career with Yodel. We are currently looking for a Transport Operator to work within our Transport Operation.
The role of Operator carries out the day to day transport operations ensuring agreed service levels are maintained and compliance is monitored and reported appropriately. They will work with the Sort Centre team when required.
The main duties of this role will include:-
• To monitor all planned schedules for the site escalating any issues to ensure they operate within agreed service levels.
• To ensure all drivers (employed, subcontractors, agency) are fully briefed and debriefed on a daily basis, ensuring and infringements or other issues are escalated as appropriate
• To utilise Yard Management systems and processes to ensure efficiency of trailer allocation
• To ensure the transport function fulfils it legal responsibilities relating to the Operating Licence.
• To ensure Health and Safety standards for the site are maintained and issues are escalated where required.
• To liaise effectively with the Sort team, working collaboratively to achieve and exceed targets
• To respond effectively to changes in transport activities during peak periods and special events.
• To ensure that worker calendars are up to date with correct daily driver information to allow effective monitoring of working time.
• To check reports for missing days to ensure all the days are up to date.
• To generate and monitor driving styles reporting, escalating issues where necessary.
• To monitor the working time directive 48hr average for current reference period through reporting.
• To check daily infringements and print and issue to relevant Manager, ensuring infringement are acknowledged and returned, making checks on a weekly basis.
• To file and cleanse infringement reports
• To run infringement lead time reports ensuring all infringements are printed to the companies best practice guides.
• To monitor repeat offences, collate reports and document actions taken by management and driver trainer.
• To monitor arrival and departures of digital vehicles, ensuring they are locked in and downloaded.
• To monitor vehicle downloads ensuring the download schedule is maintained.
• To ensure vehicles leaving site for Service, MOT etc. at locked out
• To monitor and update driving license expiry dates for all drivers.
• To monitor agency drivers card downloads, remove from system and cleansing driving license file 28 days after the driver’s last shift.
• To update training files for drivers as required.
In addition to the above duties, you will be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role along with:
• Working knowledge of transport operations
• Operational knowledge of transport management systems
• Up to date knowledge of driver’s hours and working time regulations