Senior eCommerce Merchandiser
A FTSE 100 company, Wolseley is the UK's leading distributor of plumbing, heating and building materials and products, serving professionals in the construction industry through a number of trading brands.
About the role
We are looking for a commercially minded Merchandiser to market our most valuable product categories across our predominantly B2B websites; plumbcenter.co.uk partscenter.co.uk and climatecenter.co.uk
You will be responsible for driving product revenue of above £1 million per year through targeted activities using visual merchandising techniques, rich content and promotional strategy.
Whilst reflecting offline sales and marketing activities you will also be able to analyse website data and suggest creative ideas for campaigns. You will work alongside our digital and marketing teams on on-site marketing, email, social, SEO and PPC.
The Merchandising team are a lively bunch and thrive on a fast paced environment, attending regular trading meetings with Category Directors, Product Managers and Brand Marketing; we gain a good overview of Wolseley’s commercial market place, and are able to shape the direction of our categories online.
We will support and encourage your ideas and aren’t afraid to take a risk and break new ground!
- Plan and execute promotional offers and campaigns to achieve strategic sales and margin objectives
- Maintain and implement compelling rich content for all dynamic and static pages
- Optimise all content for our different customer segmentations
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders to review, action and communicate analytics, competitor insights and sales data to optimise performance, customer experience and increase conversion rate.
You must be able to show how you have had commercial success in a previous e- trading/online merchandising role. We’d also really like you to have intermediate HTML and CSS skills and good Excel skills.
It would be beneficial if you have experience of using personalisation tools such as Monetate, RichRelevance or Optimizely. In addition to this, some experience of managing 3rd parties or running and prioritising projects would also be beneficial.
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
* Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service + buy up to 5 days
* Defined Contribution pension scheme
* Flexible life and health benefits
* Sharesave scheme
* Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
* Childcare voucher Scheme
* Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
If this sound like the ideal role for you then please submit your CV today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.