Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing Refurbishment
Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing Refurbishment (Internals & Externals)
Highly Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including Company Bonus
Birmingham - Long Term Social Housing Framework
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for an exciting new challenge? Have you previously worked on a social housing contracts? If so, we may be able to help you!
Howells Solutions are working exclusively with a leading UK Social Housing / Regeneration Contractor to find a successful and proactive Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Birmingham.
You will take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of internal and external planned maintenance schemes in in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the company's legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage the control of all day to day commercial issues.
- Managing subcontractor packages
- Subcontractor negotiation
- Cost value reconciliation
- Producing cost reports
- Subcontractor payments / processing applications for payments
- Final accounts
- Degree or other technical qualification
- Strong commercial awareness
- Quantity Surveying experience with a main contractor operating within Social Housing
- Proven track record delivering Decent Homes projects (Internals and Externals)
- National Housing Federation version 6 Schedule of rates
- Strong experience of using spreadsheets including pivot tables and V-Look Up
- RICS / CIOB qualification - Preferred
What's in it for you?
You will be working for a modern, forward thinking business; that believe the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the groups success. This is a permanent, full time role for which you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package including immediate eligibility to the company bonus scheme which is paid annually.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact David Widdison on for more information.
Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.