MOT / Mechanical Technician
Responsibilities as MOT / Mechanical Technician
Our clients’ aim is to get vehicles back on the road promptly whilst delivering complete customer satisfaction and working within our safety standards so you will need to:
• Maintain workshop equipment and keep all required paperwork in order
• Be an approved MOT Tester with DVSA
• Hold a full licence
• Have an NVQ in Motor Vehicle Technology and a City & Guilds part three or equivalent
In the role of MOT / Mechanical Technician, you must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent customer liaison skills
• The ability to sell an array of available services
• With a flexible and positive approach you should be able to efficiently work under pressure.
• That you are a keen team player with a focus on providing excellent customer service
• Good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• An eye for detail
• Literacy and numeracy
Our client offers:
• Confidence of working with an established group that has been in business for over 30 years.
• Employee discounts on servicing, MOT and tyres.
• Trainee schemes supporting career development.
• Competitive basic rates of pay.
• Excellent bonus opportunity.
• 24 days annual leave rising with continuous service.
• Excellent working environment.
As MOT / Mechanical Technician you will work an average of 45 hours per week on a rota basis and you must have a full UK driving licence to apply.