Graduate Commercial Executive
Joseph Heler Cheese is one of the UK's most respected producers of British cheese. The company was founded in 1957 and is based in Nantwich, Cheshire. Joseph Heler produces over 40 different varieties of traditional British cheese, each with their own special recipes and characteristics. They supply their cheese into retail, wholesale, ingredients, food service & export markets. All JosephHeler’s cheeses are made by hand in their traditional dairy by a team of hugely experienced cheese-makers.
Main Purpose of the Role
This is an exciting graduate opportunity which will see you developing strong relationships with customers, evaluating their needs and presenting appropriate solutions to them.
You will manage both existing accounts and new business opportunities, ensuring that our customers are dealt with in a highly effective and personable manner.
Alongside this, you will provide on-going support for existing sales and marketing managers, helping out with administrative tasks as well as preparing for shows and events.
Here are some of the things that you can expect to get involved in on a typical day:
- Seeking out new sales opportunities through calling, networking and social media
- Setting up meetings with potential clients to understand their needs and how we can meet them
- Preparing and delivering appropriate presentations on products / services
- Creating frequent reviews and reports with sales, marketing and financial data
- Managing and maintaining administrative duties for the Sales & Marketing Managers
- Ensuring all sales forecast data is uploaded to internal systems
- Responsible for making company bookings / reservations for shows & events
Shows & Events
- Ensuring the availability of stock for customer meetings & Trade Shows
- Setting up and participating on behalf of the company in various exhibitions or Trade shows throughout the year (including some weekends)
- Conducting effective post-show follow up on sales leads, both internally and with the customer
We are looking for a driven individual to join our team - someone who is enthusiastic, committed and organised. Successful applicants for this role will:
- Have good analytical skills
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Be a strong communicator
- Be able to follow processes accurately and consistently
- Be highly organised
- Be a good influencer
- Have a genuine drive and desire to succeed
Academically, we are looking for a 2:2 degree or higher in terms of academic qualifications. An industrial placement or work experience in the commercial/retail sector is advantageous but not essential.
Salary & Benefits:
We know how hard our employees work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us a very attractive package.
• A starting salary of £22,000 (with salary review after 12 months)
• Extensive commercial training and support
• Career growth & progression
Training Opportunities & Progression:
A full training programme will be in place when you join to ensure you get not only the appropriate systems/processes training but also an understanding of how other areas of the business contribute to making Joseph Heler Cheese the success it is. Alongside this, you will have team-based commercial training throughout the year. Attending industry seminars and events is also encouraged to ensure you maintain an excellent knowledge of the industry to share with your customers.
Your drive and desire will be rewarded with excellent opportunities to progress at Joseph Heler. There is real opportunity for progression within the Commercial Team and success in this role could lead you to Account Manager roles where you are managing a portfolio of key accounts.
If you think you have the drive, resilience and experience to succeed in this role, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.