Acorn currently have an excellent opportunity for a Site Engineer to join an established national building contractor.
The role is permanent and is ideally suited to an established engineer looking for career progression and a clear career pathway into more senior roles.
To set up control points for all site setting out, monitor sub-contractors setting out and managing RC frame construction across multiple sites.
· Establish Setting out control points for sub-contractors use.
· Checking design information provided by consultants to ensure it is complete and error free.
· Setting out main grid lines and datums for sub-contractors use.
· Checking as necessary sub-contractor setting out.
· Checking as built surveys provided by sub-contractors.
· Checking and ensuring formwork is constructed as designed.
· Carrying out Pre-Pour inspections and sign off when necessary.
· Management of Health and Safety of RC frame/groundwork contractors specifically along with general site activities
· Document QA, temporary works, liaising with Site Manager.
· Issue quality control documentation to subcontractors in conjunction with the site manager.
· Checking external envelope and surrounding landscape finishes for quality and setting out.
· Working alongside the site team assisting where necessary.
· Any other reasonable duties.
Skills & qualifications:
· Relevant construction related level 4 and above qualification (HNC / NVQ) degree qualified preferred
· Appropriate CSCS card
· Valid driving licence
· SMSTS certificate
· First Aid at Work certificate desirable
· Fire Marshall certificate desirable
· Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS is desirable
· Temporary works Coordinator qualified (preferred).
Future prospects: Senior Engineer / Site Manager
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience please apply on-line with your up to date CV. For more information please contact Gareth Taylor on