Soft Services Manager
- Responsible for a team of Cleaning Supervisors and onsite cleaning teams.
- The main duties will be day to day operational running of the contract.
- Working closely with the onsite teams to ensure that the contract is delivering as it should be.
- Train staff as necessary.
- Maintain a customer friendly service adhering to the agreed code of conduct.
- Set up and Monitor Key Performance Indicators and SOPS.
- Manage the Grounds Maintenance and Waste Contracts.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety Regulations including Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
- To ensure that COSHH details and rich assessments are kept up to date.
- Ensure all costs are monitored and contract operates within agreed budget.
- Collect and collate management financial and performance information consistent with reporting requirements.
- Analyse data for reporting to clients, inform strategic and operational planning and enable services to be delivered with specific outcomes.
- Undertake other duties relating to contract delivery and other activities as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with established local practice or with the reasonable requirements of the Client, Customer or Facilities Manager.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Soft Services / Cleaning Services Management experience.
- Able to understand contractual requirements, KPI's and Client/Stakeholder requirements.
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification (or equivalent), BICS trained & knowledge of TUPE
- Familiar with all types of cleaning i.e. strip/seal, periodic cleans, high level, prestige and Hygiene
- Have the ability to write cleaning schedules for the contract based on the bid document.
- Have the ability to make savings through service provision i.e. staff reductions/suppliers used.
- Understand QMS and auditing and ensure that they are carried out to Kier standards.
- Technically competent to carry out the duties expected.
- Good understanding of workplace Health & Safety legislation.
- A qualification in Health & Safety Management is desirable.
- Flexible in attitude and aptitude.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.