Position: Bench Engineer
Location: Aldridge Depot
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week Mon-Thurs 08.00-16.30 and Sun 08.00-15.30
ArjoHuntleigh products address the clinical needs for long term care residents and patients with chronic health conditions and includes positioning solutions, mattress systems, medical beds, hygiene systems and compression therapies that are safe, easy to use and have a proven ability to address preventable injuries, such as pressure ulcers
Working as an ArjoHuntleigh Bench Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the regional team by repairing and maintaining medical devices as part of the service offered to customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair products and equipment that has been returned from the field
- Complete and submit all relevant documentation accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure work area is clean and tidy, disposal of parts and chemicals is in line with Company policy and relevant documentation is fully completed
- Maintain all tools, spares and equipment within a safe working condition whilst seeking to optimise use of time and minimise cost
- Report all service related issues to the Depot Team Leader / and Rental Management Team
- Provide field based cover as required to suit the needs of the business
Essential Skills or Experience:
- Basic understanding of engineering principles.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Engineering / electrical experience preferred but not essential.
- PAT qualification preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computer based systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills.
- A methodical, logical and practical approach.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- A positive and team oriented approach, whilst being able to work autonomously.
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety principals.
- Experience in medical devices/healthcare environment preferred.
You must be able to lift bulky bedframes and mattresses for prolonged periods.
You will be required to undertake internal medical device equipment training courses at key stages of employment.
Due to the nature of this role, it is required that you live within reasonable travelling distance from the core area of work.