Transformation IT Technical Manager - Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Transformation Project Manager to join Traffic area of our business - you will be responsible for the full project lifecycle of IT Transformation projects.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Responsible for the overall solution design, planning, service delivery and commercial contracts of the ICT environment
- Migration of systems from legacy environment to new private cloud based environment
- Selection and provisioning of application, data centre, infrastructure and network products
- Day to day operational responsibility for the ICT service
- Interface into the Customer for ICT issues
- Management of sub-contractors
- Responsibility for the take on and support of an existing IT infrastructure, network applications, and business applications as part of a managed service contract.
- Defining the specification and overall solution design of the transformation of all aspects of the IT environment
- Implementation of a new operational support platform for management of all network services, transitioning from existing legacy platforms without service interruption
- Delivery of a new resilient data centre architecture to provide all application services
- Manage a support team to maintain all IT platforms, application availability, and user services
- Leadership on the architectural design, technical specification, implementation and integration activities required to get new services up and running for a national IT network
- Responsible for the management of a national ICT operations function (installation, upgrade, operation and maintenance of all ICT software and hardware platforms and devices)
- Manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers/vendors for £multi-million hardware and software purchase, licensing and support arrangements
- Ensure technical resource is available to undertake technical project work
- Primary interface for expert advice into the Customer for ICT development and support;
- Provide operational, project and contract management reports to the Customer;
- Escalation point for issue resolution; and
- Management and resourcing of the ICT team.
- Delivering new ICT infrastructure in an ITIL service-level driven environment
- IT support within Service Operation
- Service Asset and Configuration Management mechanisms
- Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicator mechanisms
- Show a demonstrable high level of Data Quality and accuracy
- Implementing Continual Service Improvement mechanisms to ensure performance excellence
- Developing new processes and procedures to improve ICT component and infrastructure performance
- Demand management awareness.
- Production of complex/major project programmes.
- Proven ability to problem solve and work logically under pressure.
- Good Customer communication skills.
- Understanding of risk and issue management.
- Understanding of project planning principles and toolset.
- Understanding of technical architecture principles and integration technologies
- Educated to degree level in computing or engineering discipline
- Appropriate ICT qualifications (expired qualifications if relevant will be taken into account).
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Must demonstrate strong ITIL service delivery with appropriate industry experience to deliver the requirements of the role
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.