Service Desk Manager
We have an opening for a service desk manager. To be successful you will be able to work on your own initiative and be extremely professional. The role requires a high level of communication, organisation and forward thinking.
You will be responsible for all service desk staff on a daily basis as well as maintaing a high level of customer satisfaction. You will report to the Operations manager but will also work closely with the Managing Director.
The candidate should have a confident personality, be an exceptional problem solver and able to respond quickly to changing business needs is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to play a positive role running the service desk. You will manage a team of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line service desk analysts.
Ideally you will have an understanding of cloud & virtualisation technologies & various IT Service Management technologies.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- Oversee all service requests, incidents and problems
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents both in and out of hours as required
- Monitor and manage ticket queues
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk team members
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are up-to-date, well defined, documented and consistently applied
- Develop and maintain Knowledge Base
- Schedule Service Desk employees working times and provide backup support
- Major Incident coordination and customer communications
- Great attention to detail
- Good team leader
- Advanced Microsoft skills - particularly Exchange, SQL Server & Hyper-V
- Good level of networking and routing knowledge
- Experience using powershell essential
- Experience with Dynamics CRM 2016 desirable
- Knowledge of backup technology and business continuity
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 accreditation and security contraints within an IT cloud environment
- Positive and proactive individual
- Able to work flexibly, prioritise, and manage competing demands.
- A service delivery focused approach
- Understand the need for continuous improvement
- Excellent Time Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Salary up to £35,000
- 20 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension (After 6 months probation period)
- Free Parking
- Office Hours 8.00 - 6.00pm
If you are interested in the position outlined above, and are looking for a career with a forward thinking company and friendly work ethic, please apply and forward on your CV.
Interviews will be conducted on the phone and then a 1st and 2nd in person with the MD and Ops Manager. There will also be a profiler and technical test.
Strictly no agencies