Care and Support Worker
Highbridge Social Care Resourcing are looking for experienced and passionate Care Assistants or Support Workers to work at a fabulous new extra care scheme for older adults and adults with learning disabilities in East Birmingham.
As a care assistant or support worker, you will be responsible for the health and wellbeing of any service user placed in your care. You will utilise your skills and training to ensure every person receives the best possible care and support at all times. You will get to know the people you’re caring and supporting, and understand exactly what they want and need, helping them achieve things that they would not be able to do by themselves. By listening and understanding, you will treat all service users with dignity, patience and compassion, developing relationships based on trust and reassurance.
You will be expected to work shift patterns to suit, which will include early, late and nights shifts.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting the every need of the service users
• Providing the highest standard of care and support at all time. This may include some minimal personal care.
• Understanding and addressing individual needs in terms of age, gender, race, sexuality and disability, and meeting specific cultural and religious needs
• Ensuring all instructions are followed in an accurate and timely manner
The ideal candidate will have:
• Preferably an NVQ in Health and Social Care
• Up to date social care mandatory training or be willing to renew it.
• Have access to own transport or public transport
• At least 6 months experience in a Care Worker or support worker role
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• To be motivated to provide the best support possible
• Be punctual, flexible and reliable
• Preferably hold a current DBS on the update service
In return for your commitment, we offer excellent pay rates at £9.65 to £9.75 per hour depending on qualification, flexibility and the opportunity to develop your skills with one of the top care agencies in the country.
If you want to register for this exciting opportunity then please apply as soon as possible!
We have immediate vacancies for motivated, reliable candidates!