LGV Cat CE Class 1 Driver
The Best Connection are currently seeking a Class C+E (HGV 1) Driver to fill a position for one of our clients in North Shields.
The role involves Class C+E deliveries of various chilled and frozen products to local, regional and national locations. All fridges are preset and the driver is not required to monitor or alter them apart from maintaining a sufficient level of fuel for the refrigeration system. Some handball may be required.
Both day trunks, night trunks and tramping are available for various start times, with weekend work also available.
Requirements of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
- Class C+E Driving qualification (HGV 1)
- Must have a valid CPC Card
- Must have a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Must have a clean licence (Max 6 points, no DD/DR endorsements)
- Verifiable references
Pay rates for the Class C+E HGV Driver:
The salary for this position is £9.25 hourly (£10.25 hourly for Ltd Co.)
If you would like to apply, please contact either Dylan McDermott or Paula Cherry by e-mailing your CV to - or please cal.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Weekend Work
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.