Office Based Disability Assessor
We are currently looking to recruit ambitious career driven Office Based Disability Assessors that will be office based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
You will undertake clinical assessments for claimants who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), however, within the Paper Based Team you will not be required to meet with customers face to face. You will need to take into account all of the information presented, including any supporting evidence, e.g. the customer’s completed questionnaire and information from GP’s or other health professionals.
Let’s talk about a rewarding career
This report will contain a detailed history of the customer’s condition(s), including information gathered on their current medication and treatment, the functional impact of their health condition or impairment, and your opinion on the impact this has on their daily living and mobility. You will provide a full justification explaining how you came to these conclusions from the evidence gathered, and define the probable timescales over which a health condition or impairment may affect the customer.
The role requires a keen eye for detail, excellent comprehension skills, good written English, and an ability to spot a gap in the information required for you to complete concise, factual written reports. An extensive training programme and ongoing CPD will be provided to support your continued professional development and registration.
Here you will:
- Create a report for each completed assessment
- Review supporting evidence
- Present your reports to the Department for Work and Pension (England and Wales) or Department for Communities (Northern Ireland) clearly providing the advice, information and justification needed by the Case Manager in order for them to make an equitable decision on entitlement to PIP
- Attend CPD training events and keep up to date with the PIP assessment process.
What we are looking for:
- Fully qualified healthcare professionals – nurses, occupational therapists, paramedics or physiotherapists that hold full registration with HCPC or NMC
- A minimum of two years’ post-qualification experience
- Sound written communication skills and previous report-writing experience
- Ability to read and understand complex customer information
- Confidence working with computers and able to type well at good speed
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to use your professional skills and experience to make a difference to the lives of people living with a long term impairment or disability. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and always rewarding you properly. Here, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re part of the fabric of our culture. As well a generous basic salary, you’ll receive a competitive benefits package, considerable opportunities for training and progression, and genuine interest and care in your development. All of this, in a professional and supportive environment where you can make a real difference.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm – Full Time 37.5 hours only available.
The salary will be £34,000 per annum.
If you are an experience Nurse, Doctor, Paramedic, OT, Physio Therapist and you are interested in becoming a Disability Assessor then please press apply today!