Metering Consumption Advisor
I am currently recruiting for a Metering Consumption Advisor to work for one of the UK's fastest growing utilities companies based in Birmingham.
The role of a Metering & Consumption Advisor is to work with customers and our contracted third parties, to capture information, or resolve discrepancies in order to complete and enhance the customer journey as part of the settlements process.
They do this using various tools and information in the business, communicating with the industry to ensure all our data is correct and in order, so we can ensure accurate billing for our customers and produce accurate settlement data to feed back to the industry. These tools and information will be given to you along with various training methods that will support your journey with Extraenergy to become a competent and fully effective employee, who strives to be the best within the energy industry.
The department deals with the metering and settlement part of this journey which comprises of the Job Booking, Metering, Meter Reads & Elexon Disputed Readings teams.
Metering & Consumption Advisors will utilise all available systems to record and collate all information relating to one of the teams above and look to complete within the guidelines and timelines set out by the industry. Understanding customers’ requirements and having a customer first approach is essential for this role.
• To manage queries by adhering to industry and local guidelines and timings in order to ensure our customers are billed and settled accurately.
• To create accurate records containing all relevant information to enable requests to be resolved to the timelines and standards required.
• To enhance the customer experience by exceeding their expectations and delivering solutions in a customer focused and timely manner.
• To achieve targets set and standards at all times, providing a professional and knowledgeable approach.
• To accurately record all information to Extraenergy and DPA requirements.
• To monitor, action and escalate any issues as appropriate in order to ensure the customer journey is completed in appropriate times & our third parties are kept informed of the status of any escalations.
• To develop and maintain a good understanding of the systems, and processes available to ensure an excellent customer experience.
• To identify and apply opportunities to develop and improve skills, seeking assistance to acquire new skills and maintaining a record of own development and coaching observations.
• To be prepared to work within any area of metering & consumption on projects and initiatives at short notice to support the changing needs of the business.
Knowledge and Skills
• Essential Functional Skills/Experience
• Experience of working in a Utility company desirable but not essential.
• Experience within a customer service back office environment including working to targets is essential.
• Handling objections is desirable.
• Computer literate, particularly in MS Office and/or service request software.
• Strong communication skills, particularly by email.
• Attention to detail is essential, identifying important information and capture that data accurately.
• Problem solving and flexibility.
• Reporting to their Team Manager, the Metering & Consumption Advisor should develop positive relationships with all stakeholders and colleagues.
• Contribute to building an effective and cohesive team by taking ownership for own performance, maintaining a positive attitude at all times, meeting attendance requirements and being flexible to meet business requirements as the need arises.
• To participate in team meetings, providing a positive contribution.
• Remains calm under pressure, commands respect, has the confidence of their colleagues and can communicate effectively at all levels.
• Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an ever growing company. The hours of work will be 8am to 4.15pm Monday to Friday with one Saturday in 4, However they may be times where you may be asked to work additional hours to support workloads.
Due to the high number of applicants we are unable to contact everyone that applies and if you haven't received any communication within 3 days then unfortunately on this occasion you haven't been successful.