Distribution Strategic Change Finance Manager
The Important Stuff
Competitive Package, Car/Car Allowance, Healthcare and Bonus
Are you looking for a Non Traditional Finance role and deliver strategic change in the business?
Snap Shot of Project work so far ……
The Distribution function is leading a period of significant strategic change to the way Poundland’s supply chain is delivered. The team are concentrating on the optimisation of the supply chain across this new network and the integration of fashion clothing supply into the operation.
The business has significant growth in its supply chain capability across multiple European operations (Spain, France, CEE), the role will also require the management of the transition from single-price to multi-price business models and cost efficiency programmes which will deliver £10m of real cost savings over the 3 year plan.
What the day to day looks like…..
- Provision of effective strategic analysis to the Distribution and Supply Chain Director and the Commercial Finance Controller - Distribution, to give business insight, which ensures progress against strategic value drivers is measured and risks to achievement of strategic value drivers are highlighted.
- Work with the Distribution operations and finance team to ensure strategic change parameters are communicated across the business and translated into deliverable, operational plans.
- Lead the development of improved and integrated Distribution reporting, ensuring weekly and monthly distribution business reporting is consolidated across multiple operations and a coherent, accurate, timely and integrated summary of business performance is communicated to the Distribution management team.
- Provide support to the three 3 Year business plan process, developing effective models to understand risks and value drivers to the Plan and ensure the Plan is aligned to operational plans.
- Help deliver improved systems across the Distribution network including exploitation of time and attendance systems, new ERP systems planned across the business etc.
- Look for and help develop new opportunities to improve the supply chain and deliver further cost savings and opportunities e.g. backhauling, Far-East consolidation and synergies.
What you'll need on your CV...
- You'll be a highly analytical and commercially focussed qualified Accountant with "relevant" Distribution experience. We're also looking for the following:
- *Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW or ICAS)
- *Excellent analytical and IT skills, advanced Excel user
- *Ability to take complex financial and performance information and translate for non-finance audiences
- *Demonstrable experience gained in a fast-paced commercial environment, in a Business Partner or equivalent role.
- Experienced in delivering traditional DC/warehouse/logistics finance manager role and looking to broaden role into more strategic/change management areas.
- Ability to demonstrate significant distribution/logistics/supply chain change projects such as DC openings, closures, network transitioning/consolidation, international expansion etc.
If you are looking for a career enhancing commercial finance role working for one of the best known retailers in the UK, what are you waiting for, apply today!