Administrator - Intellectual Property - Birmingham - full time - permanent
Intellectual Property Records Administrator - Birmingham - permanent
Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our client’s requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property legal firms in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit an Intellectual Property Records Administrator to join our Birmingham office, located in Birmingham City Centre. This is a full time, permanent role.
The successful candidate will provide a support service to the patent and trade mark fee earners in a support role which shall involve all aspects of patent and/or trade mark records and will be reporting to Partners /Fee Earners/Records and Records Team Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Opening files
• Opening computer records - Inprotech and Accounts
• Opening manual records
• Maintaining computer and manual records
• Creating and maintaining entries in a names database
• Liaising with third party renewals provider (CPA Global) to ensure accuracy of records/transfer of instructions
• Closing files (computer and manual)
• Producing and updating prompts/reminders/due date lists
• Dealing with patent and/or trade mark communications, extracting and docketing records entries and saving to DMS
• Generating standard letters/data sheets etc. to go to clients
• Preparing schedules
• Matching post to files
• Providing general support to Partners/Fee earners
• General duties commensurate with position
• Intellectual Property Office duties, including payments, correspondence and enquiries
• Obtaining updates from UKIPO of UK and EP(UK) registration countries.
• Handling UKIPO/EPO/OHIM communications
• Handling enquiries
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ideally at least 2 years of experience as an administrator in a deadline driven legal environment.
• Experience in database entries and maintenance
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a logical and organised approach are essential.
• Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are essential.
• A pro-active nature with the confidence and commercial awareness to be able to relate to clients at all levels (mainly internal) and be capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of patent and/or trade mark processing, formalities and practice is desirable, but not essential.
• Knowledge of Inprotech is desirable, but not essential.
• CIPA or ITMA formalities qualification an advantage, but not mandatory.
CIPA/ITMA qualified candidates who have got at least 2 years of experience in a similar Intellectual Property Records role should submit their salary expectations for consideration.
• Salary £18,000 - £22,000 depending on experience
• A pleasant and friendly working environment.
• Flexible working - core hours.
• Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
• 35 hour week.
• 20 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing up to 25 with length of service.
• Health Cash plan.
• Employee Assistance programme.
• Season ticket loan.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%.
Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm that you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies.